- CAP SD analyses and develops policy in the fields of energy efficiency and sustainable energy. This includes system analyses, potential estimations, market research, sector analyses and cost-benefit analyses of policy measures.
- CAP SD advises on policy targets, policy instruments and on the planning of concrete measures, comprised by policy action plans. We carry out ex-ante and ex-post evaluations. We advise on and review energy efficiency legislation and regulations, in particular on the basis of the EU acquis.
- Through our cooperation with SQ Consult, we can involve sector specialists on industrial energy efficiency, energy efficiency in buildings, wind power, biomass, biofuels, and renewable heat.
- Study local sustainable energy companies in the Netherlands and their contribution in renewable energy project development.
- Energy Efficiency Master Plan for Croatia. Support on sustainable energy development and on the identification and assessment of energy efficiency measures in all sectors. Drafting of a policy action plan.
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy legislation in Kazakhstan: Advising the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies on best practices for specific policies and regulations. This includes the design of a feed-in tariff policy for renewable electricity production and long-term agreements with industry on energy efficiency.
Clients and Regions
- CAP SD and Mark van Wees work for various national and international clients from both the public and private sector on energy efficiency and renewable energy themes. Including European Commission, EBRD, World Bank, UNDP and the Dutch Government. Private clients include Philips Lighting.
- We work in the following countries on energy efficiency policy and legislation: Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo, Romania, Lithuania, Kazakhstan, and India.
- In addition, our SQ Consult colleagues have experience in numerous other developing countries on energy efficiency issues.